Every architectural project starts with a concept model. It's a fundamental tool that helps architects, clients and the public visualize the architect's vision of the design. But the journey from blueprints to physical models is a long, difficult one. It takes a lot of hard work to create a hand-made, detailed and scaled concept model. The task becomes even more difficult when complex geometries are involved.
3D printing will simplify the process. It can render highly detailed physical models from a range of materials and colors based on a CAD model. It is an efficient process that lets architects turn out models quickly and more accurately. It also gives buyers and clients a better idea of what the final building will look like. And if they want any changes, they can suggest some and then quickly see them in a new 3D-printed model. This saves time and money compared to waiting for the building to be nearly finished before realizing it needs some tweaks. No matter the complexity, 3D printing can turn out models in a matter of days.
Generally speaking, modern 3D printing processes provide architects and model makers with the means to revolutionize how models are made. They do this by:
- Speeding up the architectural model making process.
- Translating CAD drawing directly into physical 3D models with a high level of precision.
- Developing intricately designed parts that’d be hard or impossible to produce by hand.
- Simplify communication and showcase specific areas that would be hard to convey through conventional 2D drawings.
- Creating more design iterations at reduced production costs.
For more information about 3D printing architectural models, please feel free to contact SoonSer 3D.